Prerequisites (must be completed before reserving Potter Street Van):
Complete the one-time training FAC0021 Government Vehicle Driver Briefing.
This vehicle is shared with the Animal Techs team, to transport animals. Any user must FIRST accept or decline medical surveillance for allergies prior to using it.
Potter St. employees have access to a government fleet vehicle, located at Bldg 977 (717 Potter St) to be used for official LBNL purposes only. The Potter van can ONLY be picked up and returned to the Potter Parking Garage. A badge to the Potter parking garage is attached to the keys.
To reserve the fleet vehicle:
Reserve use via the BSBK Van – (Animal/Human Transport) calendar
The keys and sign out log is located in room 977-143, Cubicle 977-0143C . Make sure to sign in/out & note mileage upon returning the keys.
Once the trip is complete, complete the log entry and return vehicle keys to 977-143C or directly to Patrick Hayes.
General Reminders worth repeating:
· Potter Van is for official LBNL purposes only.
· Make reservation requests in advance. Same-day reservations may not be honored.
· For any issues with the vehicle, alert Patrick Hayes and/or Fleet@lbl.gov x5475.
· Overnight Use must be authorized in advance.
· A debit card is attached to the keys, should you need to buy gas while using the vehicle. Do not use your own money as this is NOT a reimbursable expense.
· Affiliates/Non-Employees need special authorization.
· Remove all garbage and clean any spills upon returning the vehicle.
Additional information can be found on the Fleet Services Website.